I've had long hair for as long as I can remember. I'm really boring when it comes to my hair and whenever I go to the hairdressers I have grand plans of having a fringe cut in or having my hair highlighted but every time I leave with just a trim. It's safe to say my hair is stuck in a rut.
As I don't tend to experiment with my hair I focus on my hairs condition. It really pays to take care of your hair and I do get compliments on how healthy it looks. I have combination hair and it can be tricky to take care of at times. If I don't wash or style my hair in the correct manner it can become knotty and static or frizzy and limp. There are tips I have found over the years of trials and tribulations with my mane that have really helped maintain a healthy look:
* Use a gentle shampoo and when applying be gentle when massaging into scalp.
* Condition on a regular basis, your hair will thank you for this.
* After a wash and condition rinse with cold water which helps achieve a healthy shine.
* Use a decent brush or comb and try not to over brush your hair as this can cause breakage.
* Hot oils and hair masks are ideal for when your hair needs extra TLC.
* Let your hair dry naturally when you can and try not to use heated styling tools every single day.
I have long and heavy hair there is only so much I can do when it comes to styling. I've found adding extensions for a bit of extra volume really adds a touch of glamour for nights out when you want a different look. It also prevents you from having to over style your hair causing excess damage. High quality Remy couture hair are perfect for the job and you can shop online at Paul's Hair World.
Do you have any haircare tips you care to share?
This is a PR collaboration.