It’s nearly payday! And time to treat yourself to that little black dress or perhaps those corset heels that have been calling out your name. You’ve trawled the internet and, after some ‘umming and ahhing’ over the options, you’ve finally made a decision.. But what if your parcel fails to arrive?
Amazon alone delivers over 70million packages a year in the UK*, so it’s no wonder that some opportunist thieves take advantage of unattended packages left in garages or front porches. Others follow delivery vans around and when a package gets dropped off, they swoop in a few minutes later and swipe it.
So how can you help prevent parcel snatching?
* Opt for the delivery option that requires your signature, so you know your goods are in safe hands. It’s worth paying that little bit extra for the peace of mind it provides.
* If you can’t be home to receive the parcel, arrange for the package to be dropped off at a local post office.
* If a package needs to be delivered while your away, consider sending it to a friends or relative’s house instead.
* Use a delivery company that will alert you with a text or e-mail when the delivery takes place.
* Invest in a CCTV system. Burglars are VERY camera shy and will often avoid a property with a camera and opt for an easier target.
* If you’re going away on holiday, take advantage of the Royal Mail’s ‘Keepsafe’ scheme. Their team will hold onto your letters and parcels for up to 66 days and deliver them once you’re safely home again.
Follow these top tips to make sure your purchases are protected and don’t end up in the wrong hands! For more home security advice and information, check out Yale’s website.